Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wife, Mother, Plumber

Today I accomplished a few things

1. Fixed the toilet - I went and bought the new parts but somehow one part was not going to fit so I did what anyone else would have done.... I got out the hacksaw. I sawed off part of the metal arm and voila! the part fit, the toilet works, the husband is happy.

2. I finished another Philosophy paper - I chose to write about Nietzsche's theory of duality relating to Dionysus and Apollo. I used the book "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt (a must read, by the way) as my example.

3. I made a chicken pot-pie (diatetic, of course) from scratch. Not bad but will someone please tell me how to make chicken that isn't chewy? (Other than in the crockpot - even I can do that!)

4. I got the kids to help clean up a bit and endured the whining that enevitably preluded that miraculous event.

5. I finished off a bottle of Chardonnay. (Relax, there was only a glass left. Okay, a glass and a half. Wait, how much is a 'glass' anyways?)

Is anybody reading this blog anymore? Say "hi" if you're still around.

2 comments:

Undercover Mother said...

I'm reading! I feel that way sometimes. But do you have one of those free counters? I'm trying to remember where mine's from. At any rate, if you get one, you can see that all kinds of people have been dropping by!

You got more done today than me, that's for sure. I can't even fathom being in school at this point...

Stacia said...

I still read. But you probably already know that. It is weird though because I have friends who read my blog and never comment on the blog but then talk to me about what I've written.