Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reach out and touch someone...

In light of my "people suck" revelation, I am either:

A. Attempting to prove myself wrong

or

B. Attempting to defend my position.

I have done two things in the past two days to research my position:

1. I posted to a local community board about the difficulties of making new friends as you age, come to find out, there are a lot of people feeling the way I do - so I am arranging a couple of get togethers to see if any of us want to feel that way in the company of each other!

2. Tonight, while in a mandatory chat with my classmates, a lady and I "stayed over" to continue to chat. She has only been in the country since last June and she hasn't made many friends since she is 34 and she doesn't have much in common with the youngsters with whom we go to college. So, I stepped outside of my comfort zone again and proposed we have coffee and she proposed we go walking and we swapped phone numbers.

I'm kind of proud of myself.

In other news, big huge HUGS to my un-sucky friend Stacia. I'm holding you, even in absentia, dear. It's going to be okay soon.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I'm glad to hear you're reaching out to people. Hopefully you'll make some new friends! After reading and rereading my advisor's comments, I think I can probably change almost everything this week. For the rest of it, I do need to read a book a had to order yesterday. It'll be ok.