Thursday, August 03, 2006

Carb loading and other dubious signs....

Hey folks! It wasn't the studying that was making me consume chocolate. Any guesses? That would also explaing the impulsive french bread purchase and the meals consisting of cinnamon toast. So.... that would make today day number 2 which is always, ALWAYS, the day from hell as far as cramps. Come on menopause - I'm ready to be done with this "friend"... hey another "friend" that (say it with me).... SUCKS.

In other, and certainly more important news, Jake's dad had what was supposed to be outpatient surgery today for kidney stones and ended up not breathing on the table and vomiting while under anesthesia. I think he's alright now, we talked with him, but it was scary for him for sure. They admitted him and are observing him. He told me today that he thinks he is moving to Austin. Much of what he says is going to happen doesn't end up happening so we will see but it raised some questions for sure. He says that "when" he moves he will still come up and get Jake the 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends. That's my worry though, that he won't. Would break Jake's heart which, in turn, would break mine.

Francesca was cantankerous today. Consistently. After I got her out of the bathtub tonight I dissolved in tears (see paragraph 1) and Bart took her and put her to bed so I could compose myself before starting in on another late night of studies and exams.

Well, more tomorrow.

Camille

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I'm sorry about the cramps. And the food. I wouldn't worry about Jake's dad moving: this isn't the first time he's claimed he was moving.