Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Gertrude Stein and I disagree...

Don't know if you've noticed or not but I have added a "quote of the day" to my blog. It's randomly generated and appears each day to enrich my, and your, life. Well, I was trying to feel Gertie's sentiment but the fact is, I don't agree.

This is the quote:

It is the soothing thing about history that it does repeat itself.
- Gertrude Stein

What part of history was she longing to reappear? Think about it. So, am I missing something or is there some period of history over which I should be pining?

Maybe she meant her own personal history and not history in the grander scale.

On another note, the WW thing is getting easier, it's very much about habit forming. Once you get in the groove it's just second nature. I'll post any loss on Friday. (Can't wait to see how you did too, Juice!}

2 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck, girlie! I'll be rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

...but isn't one of the only benefits of a bad experience is that you have the wisdom to prevent it from happening again?

not sure i agree with gertrude on this one. then again, maybe it is different in paris???

tess