Thursday, June 02, 2005

The first baby...

On June 2nd, 1994, when I was the ripe old age of 20, I awoke early in the morning to the miraculous (horrible) pain of labor for the very first time. I cleaned up and rode in my boyfriend's dinky little Honda CVS to the hospital. My mom drove down from Sherman, TX, where they lived at the time, and at 1pm, after 7.5 hours of labor (with no epidural), my beautiful baby girl was born. She was pink and round and had big blue eyes and my heart was hers in an instant. All that day we debated on her name, 10 months hadn't given me enough time to make such an important decision. Finally, I wrote on her birth certificate application the name Morgan Elizabeth. From the beginning she has been an amazing child, so bright, vibrant, deep, just amazing. So, today she is 11. You remember 11? I do and it gives me shivers to think what is coming... I'm so proud of that girl, the one who taught me to be a mother. Thanks Morgan. I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Stacia said...

I told you brand new baby and daughter in puberty wasn't a good mix. Tell Morgan I said happy birthday and how much I love and miss her. I wonder if this is going to be the "big" summer that the curse decides to visit? I hope not!

Beth said...

Awwwww. But? 11 sucked. Hormonally speaking, I mean. Good luck, woman!

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwww...makes me want another one. (NO NO NO NO NO) Sorry, just trying to talk myself out of it. I felt the same way about my boys though. And oh yes..I remember 11..ummm...ya...good luck! LOL j/k I'm sure you'll be great!

Lu said...

happy birthday morgan...

and to you mom...NO EPIDURAL! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? lol

Lu