Saturday, July 29, 2006

My boy came home!

Jake was gone for about 2.5 weeks and that was FAR, FAR too long. His dad brought him home today and we ran up the sidewalk towards one another and I scooped him up in an enormous bear hug and refused to put him down. Wow, have I missed that boy. Francesca was so happy to see him - she has been very confused - walking around saying sadly "Bubba, Bubba, ee-ee-oooo" which, of course, means "where are you?". It was a rough couple of weeks. True to form, Morgan and Jake were fighting again within 2 hours. Ay-yai-yai. I did NOT miss that. School starts back for the kids on August 14th and frankly, I just can't wait.

I am nervous about MY fall semester though - I'll be taking Spanish I and Business. The business shouldn't be overly challenging but that Spanish class makes me nervous. Surely I can learn a second language, right? I've just never tried.

As a follow up to my last 2 posts - people suck.

In other news, I'm hoping to join a Moms of Preschoolers group if they have room for another baby Francesca's age. She has GOT to learn to relax around other people. She hates the nursery at church and we invariably have to get her out at some point. That and I would really like to meet some other moms and see if I can find one who might just not SUCK.

Stacia, please come home now. This whole doctorate in Wisconsin thing/travel to Russia thing/married in Virginia thing is getting old. Let's have a slumber party and talk until neither of us make sense anymore and make ourselves sick on brownie batter. Let's be 14 again. In other words... missing you kiddo.

Supposed to be writing a paper for Philosophy right now...
Camille

2 comments:

Stacia said...

I would love to be eating brownie batter right now. Andrea will probably call me today, since when I left a voice mail, this is when I told her to call. I'll let you know how much people suck afterwords. I'm glad the boys back!

Undercover Mother said...

I have met some of the best matches for my kids at our local park. During good weather, if you go enough, you can usually pick out a gem and weed out the awful ones. Bring sand toys for an additional bonus (dollar store type, since they inevitably get left behind).