Saturday, July 29, 2006

More thoughts on being a "bad" friend....

Those that know me know that I am nurturing up to the point where it becomes enabling and then, I'm just not nurturing anymore. I thought more about the email that I sent to my friend and although it was harsh, it was evidently out of concern and care and love. I was concerned with it's abrasiveness enough to address it to her before she had a chance to bring it to my attention and I think that just shows MORE evidence of the nature of the message. I received a one word reply from her stating "forgiven". Okay, that is great. But if all I get now is one word replies and if she won't talk with me any more... what is the point?

I actually feel that now this is her test. I was not as sensitive as I should have been. I asked her to forgive me. If I am not allowed one screw up - well, I guess that eliminates the possibility that this ever was a friendship.

Thank God for Stacia. We love each other warts and all (figuratively of course - both of us are too gorgeous and divine to have ACTUAL warts) and I don't know what I would ever do without her. We have done our share of pissing each other off and yet, I would fight all forces to keep her.

Making new friends is exponentially harder after high school. What are your theories on that? I have some, but I'd like to hear others.

Glad I have ONE friend...

Camille

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Amen and Amen. If I was told I could have you or all my other friends, I would choose you. I wouldn't even have to think about it. It is harder making friends, especially if you don't work. And those usually aren't even real friends, but people you hang out with because they're there. Sometimes it sucks being an adult.