Friday, May 27, 2005

Never!!!

Never, ever, ever go and publicly announce how beautifully sweet and pleasant your baby is. Why? Because she will spontaneously turn into a big squalling crab. Well, at least it isn't constant. Maybe I shouldn't have said that either.

Beth, to answer your question, Bart has a BS in BS - no wait, that's his OTHER degree - I mean he has a BS in Information Technology with a focus on Web Development. He is currently pursuing his MBA. He has had it tough because in this market senior level people are still filling the junior level positions, which he is qualified for. (BTW - It drives me nuts that I just ended that sentence with a preposition but you know what - screw it - I feel dangerous.)

Stacia and I had a good long talk about her visit with Wes. I have an icky feeling about this. I hope it ends up better than it sounded. I feel like screaming "Run Stacia, Run" but she is a big girl (not literally) and she can make solid decisions for herself.

The kiddos last day of school is today. Morgan will never be in elementary school again. I do feel oddly sentimental about that too. I went and saw her do a little talent show at school - she and some friends danced and sang an Avril Lavigne (sp?) song. She was pretty darn good.

She won all kinds of awards today. She got commended performance on her 3 Taks tests - she got an award for having the highest score in the school on the language arts test - she got 100% right so I guess that's about as high as it gets. (She gets that from me.) She also got commended in math and science. (She does NOT get that from me.) She also had perfect attendance this year - both she and Jake got that this year. (It was a good year as far as no illnesses.) She got a presidential honor certificate - signed by George W. Bush.

What a kid.

Morgan is like me in some ways and just not in others. I love the person she is and is becoming. (Minus the preteen drama.)

Jacob is so very creative. He is showing artistic talent. He is a handsome boy with eyelashes I wish my girls had gotten. He's a smart kid too and funny and sensitive.

OK, enough gushing.

I guess I'll save my worrying for another post. It doesn't seem to fit in this one.

Camille

2 comments:

Beth said...

Where's he getting his MBA? I work at UTD (don't tell anyone else on the Internet - ha!). Anyway, I'm glad your kiddos are doing so well! And Stacia too!

Beth said...

Where's he getting his MBA? I work at UTD (don't tell anyone else on the Internet - ha!). Anyway, I'm glad your kiddos are doing so well! And Stacia too!