Sunday, May 22, 2005

Bad blogger, bad blogger....

I am a bad, bad blogger these months. I'll try to reform my errant ways. Francesca is just over 3 months old now. What is she up to these days? At 7 weeks she started grinning at everything, at 9 weeks she started grabbing her toes and found her thumb to suck. At 11 weeks she began rolling over. This was a surprise to me, especially since she only does it the hard way - rolling from her back to her belly. She does it with very little effort now. She 'talks' a lot now and Bart is trying very hard to teach her to say "Da-dee" She is coming closer to that. It's amazing to watch her concentrate on trying to do things. You can actually see her determination.

My other chickadees will be out of school as of next Friday. This is the end of Morgan's last year of Elementary school. Unbelievable.

Oh yeah, I quit my job. I thought I was going to go back. In fact, I did go back, but the thought of leaving the baby for 12 hours a day was more than I could take. On my one day back, when I realized that, at lunch time, I still had 6.5 more hours to go, that was it.

So, now we budget, scrimp, and save BUT at least the baby doesn't think that the old lady at daycare is her mom... you know?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I would've absolutely LOVED to have quit my job after Munchkin was born. But, alas, such is the life of a single parent. So? WAY TO GO, as far as I'm concerned.

Munchkin will graduate kindergarden in 3 days. Thursday is his last. They had the celebration last Friday morning, and I swear, I almost bawled right then and there. But he's so happy!

Isn't it weird how parenthood changes you....

Stacia said...

I still think quitting your job was the best thing you've ever done (other than the three kids)! Wish I could have a long heart to heart with you right now. I hate men!