Tuesday, November 09, 2004

My brain hurts and I want to go home...

I work a LOT. I leave the Northern Hinterlands where I live at 6:30 a.m. and drop the kids off at daycare, I then proceed on my journey to this place where I live, um I mean, work. I get here at around 7:30 a.m. then I work until 6:00 p.m., or until I am able to leave, which is sometimes even later. Then I leave here and make the return journey to the aforementioned Hinterlands. I get home around 7:15 p.m.

By the time I get home it's all I can do to slither in the house, collapse on couch or bed. (Choice of which depends upon the energy I have at my disposal as the couch is a good 20 paces closer than my bed.) I then try to be all chipper and cheery as I inquire about the kiddos days at school, the hubby's day at work. I get something to eat or eat with the family, depending on if they could starve long enought to wait for me. Then I try my damndest to enter a vegatative state until bedtime for the kids - that process beginning at 8:30 p.m.

I then try to release the tension that has settled in every muscle of my body and try to unwind enough to just fall asleep. I'd say I'm usually sleeping by 9:30 p.m. these days. Hubby's alarm goes off at 3:00 a.m.

I'm tired. I'm fat, um, I mean pregnant. I'm a little miserable. I want to take a hiatus, a sabbatical, a vacation. Heck, I could fake a good coma if I had too. Would that work?

On a bright cheery note, I finally found a bra that sort of kind of meets my pregnant body's requirements. It isn't made out of concrete with steel reinforcements either which is more cheery news. My chest is probably the most disconcerting physical change of this pregnancy - it will never, ever be the same. Don't get me wrong, it had already suffered the effects of 2 breastfed babies but this 3rd pregnancy has pushed them over the edge. Really it is ridiculous. They are enormous and my nipples are just about the circumference of tennis balls. Why, I ask you, was that necessary??? I'll tell Bart to start my cosmetic surgery fund now, God knows I'll need it.

Oh the glistening, dewy joys of pregnancy! Moo.

Exhaustedly yours,
Camille

2 comments:

Stacia said...

so, basically, your nipples are the same size as my boobs. Interesting. Even if I got pregnant and my boobs got huge, that would put me at what, a C cup? I'll start saving my change for the augmentation!
i love you,
Stacia

Beth said...

My boobs got that way after ONE baby. Boy, does it suck. Interestly? The man in my life seems to think it's sexy.....weirdo.