Monday, November 22, 2004

Hey! Long time no blog... (subtitle: She said, He heard...)

Bad weekend folks. Let me start by saying that sulking is bad. No wait, let me start by saying that nesting is inevitable and a practical necessity. NOW I'll say that sulking is bad. It is. Period.

However, after duly apologizing for said sulking I tried to communicate with Bart. Here is my version of a reinactment in a nutshell.

She said: Bart, I'm having a hard time finding a balance between not nagging and telling you what I need your help with.

He heard: You lazy bastard why don't you ever help me with anything around the house? You're good for nothing and I abhore you.

Then after much yelling at me, (who wouldn't yell at someone who called them a lazy, abhored bastard that never does anything after all?)and many hours later...

She said: I don't want to fight Bart but I'd like to know, are you not helping me around the house because we fought about it and you're trying to make the point that if I fight with you about it you won't help?

He heard: You f-ing retarded asshat... You must do what I say when I say it, you must bow to my every command, you must be subservient and be my bitch - that's all you are, after all, is my little girly bitch.

So, after much yelling again (Who wouldn't tell their wife to shut the f up and get off their f-ing back when she is calling him her little bitch and demanding total subserviency really?)Bart wore himself out and fell asleep on the couch.

So, it was a productive, peaceful, pleasant weekend at Bart and Camille's place this weekend.

The moral of the story: Sulking is bad. Men really are from Mars and Women really are from Venus... obviously.

To be safe here I must also add that being Martian, I'm sure Bart has a very, VERY different version of the said events as cited. Being a very good Venutian, I'm plenty big enough to admit that and am also big enough to invite Bart to post his Martian version at will.

By the way Bart, you're a cyborg.... and I love you.

Thankfully, there's always another weekend.

Exhaustedly,
Camille

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I remember when I was married and my ex used to give me this guilt trip about him working hard all week and often on the weekends so on his day off he should get to do whatever he wanted. So I did all the laudry, cooking and cleaning until it dawned on me that I went to school full time, worked more than 20 hours a week and made more money then him (not that that really had anything to do with anything). For some reason, guys just have a sense of entitlement. I have a much easier time keeping the house clean now that it's only me!

Bart's Camille said...

Bart does work around the house so it's not as bad as old entitled Todd.... Just last week he worked really hard on the garbage disposal - he removed the old nasty one and replaced it with no help from me at all. I've just been in panic mode getting ready for the baby and my stepmom's visit. Bart picks up the kids from school, lots of times has them fed, studies constantly, and works at a fast paced, stressful job - I'd say we usually work well together... just not this last weekend.

-Camille

Stacia said...

You are right about Bart. He is a great stepdad and sure loves those kids. He does treat you really well, most of the time, and he is a hell of a lot better looking than Todd. Maybe he was just PMSing.