Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Come on 2nd Trimester

Well, I am officially in my 2nd trimester - the honeymoon period of pregnancy (or so they say). I threw up in a booth at Chili's at lunch on Friday. It was in my hair and not so pretty. Maybe it's the honeymoon period in the sense that after my 1st marriage I had a honeymoon. It was kind of like puking in a booth at Chili's so maybe that's what they mean.

The week before that I puked in my car and since there is a baby sitting on my bladder and since throwing up contracts every molecule in your body, you guessed it, I peed too. IN MY CAR. I was very tempted to take the bag of ick and my skirt soaked in pee and hand them both to my husband with an oath that we would never, ever do this pregnancy thing again. I decided against it, feeling pretty certain that it would only induce more vomiting on his part.

Instead I just told him "never again" without the props. I think he got the point. I got the pee out of my car and the puke out of my hair and am hoping for some end to be in sight for this blech.

Enough for now.

Camille

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Could we please get a new, less disgusting update? Just wondering!

Beth said...

I don't need a less disgusting comment. I know exactly what you're talking about. When I was pregnant, I perfected the art of peeing while simultaneously puking (both into the potty). It's a neat trick. And helps you not to have to clean anything out of your car's carpet.

This story isn't disgusting. It's the reality of being pregnant.