Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Oh, my aching EVERYTHING

I don't sleep. I am never comfortable. I feel like I will split in two. I ache in places I didn't know COULD ache. I am SO, SO, SO ready for it to be February. Can't I just go to sleep for 6-8 weeks? Please? 'Cesca has turned herself into a more sensible position for delivery, so that is good news. She feels enormous in there already, I can't imagine how I can possibly get any bigger but I imagine I will surprise myself. I'm TRYING to be a good human being and every time I don't feel well (always), think about all of the hundreds of thousands of people that are suffering an unspeakable tragedy due to the tsunamis this week. I simply can't imagine the horror. God help all of those affected. What a horrific story and what a horrible way to finally be convinced you need some type of warning system.

On a related note, I was furious when I read this quote from a lawyer representing the family of a little girl that went blind due to an allergic reaction to Children's Motrin, "This is the equivalent of a medical tsunami -- there was no warning put out whatsoever on this apparently benign, over-the-counter medicine," Sabrina Brierton Johnson's attorney Browne Green said.

The tactless insensitivity of this remark stunned me. Um, Browne Green (what a name btw), you soundbyte whore - how can you compare the unfortunate blindness of your client to a VERY RECENT event that has now killed over 80,000 people?????? Bet the families affected by the tsunamis only wished their relatives had been blinded instead of having suffered a tragic death. The way some people attempt to capitalize on tragedy is appalling. Good grief! Now I think I need some Motrin myself....

OK, I'm done.

TTFN...
Camille

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey girlie! I hope you don't have to wait much longer for the delivery of your healthy, happy baby girl! I'm sorry you feel so uncomfortable now. I would love to say something that would help, but from what I remember, there's just not anything that helps. Take care, and we'll be thinking of you.