Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

Last night, Christmas Eve 2004, we did the standard stuff. Each year the kids and I log on to NORAD's Santa tracking site to see where in the world Santa is delivering his toys. We set out the cookies that we make for Santa and we read the Christmas story from Luke chapter 2. Jake was more restless and excited this year than I've ever seen him. Wonder how much more time we have before he learns the sad truth about Santa. I don't care what anybody says, I'm 30 years old, and it's still more fun to believe in Santa - so I just will... in some form.

Then I send the kiddos off to bed, then the night gets very hectic, wrapping presents, stuffing stockings, eating cookies, etc. I got to bed around 1 a.m. Bart had to work last night which stinks for him, but at least it marked the end of this stint on 3rd shift.

The morning started early, 7 a.m., and the kids ran down the stairs, tore into their stockings, tore into the presents, and by 8 a.m. it was time to start cleaning up the aftermath which took a lot more effort than getting it all set up in the first place. By 9:30 a.m. the kids were both gone to their dad's. That's always the hard part.

I came home, napped, tried to nurse Bart the best I could (he's got the cold I had last week, I'm afraid). All in all, it was a nice day - we had Burger King for lunch, Pizza for dinner. We sat around lazily all day watching movies on TV. We watched The Jackal, Unforgiven, and Frequency. We watched Francesca putting on her own show in my belly. She's such a wiggle-butt.

Well, that was the day in a nutshell. Merry Christmas 2004 and to all a very, very good night,

Camille

No comments: