Tuesday, December 07, 2004

28 weeks

Had my 28 week appt. yesterday and took the glucose test. That stuff isn't so bad - tastes like Orange Crush with double syrup and no carbonation. Not something I'd drink on my own but fell just short of vomitous on the drinkability scale. Baby is doing fine. Wiggliest kid I've ever felt, heard of, etc. I KNOW the other kids didn't move this much. I think I may be feeling it more because of her position - she is transverse - although I think she may have moved last night since I'm feeling some kicking up toward my ribs. The best news (other than baby is good) was that I had only gained 1 lb. since last appt. and that was over Thanksgiving too! I hope the worst of my gaining is through. As my doctor put it, I certainly have gained more than enough this pregnancy already. True, true.

Bart and I had childbirth preparation classes all this past weekend. The lady was super thorough so Bart knows what to expect at this point, at least as much as a classroom setting can preapare a person. This is such a different experience for me, going through this with my husband. I'm not too revealing with my previous situations but Baby 1: Her dad and I were young and it was not the right thing for us to be married. Baby 2: I was married but when I was 4 months pregnant his Dad was removed from our lives. Baby 3: As you can see, a completely different story. I'm so happy to be sharing this whole experience with him. There is no element of trauma like in my other pregnancies. Of course, with my first 2, I was still happy about the babies, it was just HARD. I can see why this is the 'ideal' way of doing things. Not that it doesn't have it's own challenges, but it's so much better.

That's all for now...
Camille

2 comments:

Beth said...

I did it alone with my son too. I can't wait to see what a "normal" situation is like.

Stacia said...

So, you're not going to look like a total blob when I see you? You know I'm only giving you a hard time because with the last two, you never looked anything but pregnant, and I have a hard time believing you're as big as you tell me you are. And I'm glad Bart is there and you get to do this with someone you really love who really loves you.