Friday, October 08, 2004

Still Me

Yesterday when I left work and began my hour long commute home, I opened the sunroof on my car and turned my music up nice and loud. I felt the cool breeze through my hair and breathed in the fresh air and I felt alive. I smiled. I felt like me. I'm still in there. That's good news. I thought I was lost underneath these gigantic breasts that are so completely foreign to me, under this belly that has a wiggly thing in it, under the thighs and backside that are making sure I stay in proportion, under all the nausea, under all the emotional ripping from this new dilemma with my husband's "madonna complex", under all the raging hormones... but you know what??.... I'm still in there. Oh thank you God. I was worried. I know I'll climb out of this in time and now I know, I'll be me.

Camille

No comments: