Thursday, September 23, 2004

Almost 5 months

We had a doctor's appt. on the 15th and she said not to worry about the contractions unless I have more than 5 in an hour or they are coming in regular intervals. I just don't remember this with the last two kiddos.

When Monday rolls around I will officially be 5 months. That's a good thing because I feel that I'm finally catching up to the size of my belly. Honestly folks, I am ridiculously large for being this far along. Oh well.

I had been feeling good most of this week and then this morning had to make another mad dash for the bathroom. (Beth, if I could master your trick I would be a happier woman but alas, I do not think I am that talented. Plus, the aforementioned LARGE belly is somewhat prohibitive of my attempts at even practicing your advanced puking technique.)

I've been extremely cranky lately and I think that just maybe my husband has noticed. Ok, the poor thing must be ready to throttle me. I'm just having a very hard time adjusting to the new situation we have going on. I LOVE having him home (he just switched from 3rd shift to 1st shift) but at the same time - now he has to deal with me at my worst. When I'm tired at night and when I'm tired in the morning AND since he is the 3rd shift guru - the new guy doth proceed to ring our home at all ungodly hours of the a.m. That makes for one extraordinarily cranky pregnant woman. Plus I HURT. All over - I have recently added a lot of front loaded weight to my frame you see and so I NEED some help. I sit at a stupid desk all day in a "made for inmates" chair and so then when I get home last night and collapse into bed - aching from shoulders to rear - I want the hubby to rub on me a little and he "being funny" says that of course he'll rub on me, after all, I rub on him so much. WHAT???? Okay, maybe I left my sense of humor in the car - let me think about it some more... um, nope, still not amusing. OK, so don't worry about me. I'll just bear the contorting of my body, the inability to sleep, the pain and general malaise of bearing this child without troubling you - oh, and I'll certainly make some time to rub on you because you certainly MUST have a good reason for needing it too.

Deep breath. Okay, so, I was a little out of sorts on that one. In all fairness he was angry at me for being skeptical of the latest conspiracy theory about the Pentagon and the plane that did not (supposedly) fly into it. He finds my skepticism insulting personally somehow.

OK, I digress. Point is, I'm cranky. And I ache. And I'm tired.

The big point is - I love him. Thank you for giving me more than you want to while I am pregnant and crabby Bart. I really don't try to take advantage of it. Mostly, I feel I'm plowing through this like a trooper. LOOK AT ME. My body is going through hell. Can you please take it easy on me?

Thanks.

Camille

1 comment:

Beth said...

My son was huge too before birth. Tall, mostly. Big baby. He still is. But now? He's warm, snuggly arms wrap around me and he tells me he loves me and stuff....pretty soon? Your's will too.

Advanced puking technique? There's more to it. If you're peeing, grab the trash can next to the potty to puke in. The hard part is trying to do all that and breathe at the same time.