Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...

I'm hoping that the lyrics to this tune don't become a reality for me. We keep having to dip into our savings each month and I worry that I may have to go back to work. I have so enjoyed being home with the kids that I would just hate to go back at this point. I don't know how much longer we can keep operating on a deficit though. Money has become a touchy subject with me and Bart. He requires money for cigarettes and breakfast everyday. Doesn't sound like much but it adds up. We argue. I want to reduce spending - he wants me off of his back. Seems like there is only one solution in the long run. Ideally he would get a job that he has worked so hard for and this would be a non-issue. That job is proving increasingly elusive the more and more we want it. It's a bitch. I don't know how else to put it. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me to go back to work - just not what Bart and I want. Oh well.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Just wait for one of those calm moments when you can talk without ripping each other's heads off.

Stacia said...

Has Bart ever followed up on any of the jobs he didn't get? I mean, did he write thank you notes to the interviewer and then, when he didn't get the job, call them back and ask what he could do to improve the interview and his chances of getting a job? Is there anyone in your church who babysits, who might be willing to watch the baby part-time, so you could work, but still spend time with the kids? I wish it were easier for you.