Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cat Camp

That was the name of the middle school orientation that I took my eldest to today. I felt oddly stirred by the fact that she is growing up. I looked around at the company she will be keeping, sat and listened about dances, football games, and watched her as she flitted about talking to any willing audience and I know, she will be just fine. I had a "passing the torch" kind of feeling. As I got back in the car I glanced in my mirror and noticed the circles under my eyes are a little darker. The crow's feet are a little more noticeable and I am letting it sink in that there is no going back.

My baby.

Big sigh.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am totally NOT even going to comment about this, because my son is TOTALLY NOT going to grow up and be doing that. EVER.