Thursday, July 03, 2008

Miscellaneous nothing...

Ever felt so many things in such rapid succession that there is no good way to describe it in writing or otherwise? That's me right now. I wouldn't even know where to start. I wish I felt more stable right now. I'm sick of even trying to think about it really.

We are leaving tomorrow to go see Bart's mom. She had a kidney transplant a couple of years ago. Then had a knee replacement a couple of months ago. She has had terrible infections from it and is in the hospital again, having had the knee removed to attempt to clear the infection. It is looking promising now but earlier in the week it seemed that amputation may be a real concern. So, we're being hopeful. Apart from being tragic, it would also be just plain odd. Bart's dad was a double amputee due to injuries he received in Vietnam. He passed away in 2001. Anyways, we're hoping for a full recovery for his mom.

Other stuff:

Tuesday I finished reading Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life by Queen Noor. It was a great book that I would recommend. It was interesting seeing historical events through her eyes.

Yesterday I also finished Three Weeks with my Brother by Nicholas Sparks which was really good. You just never think about the challenges other people have faced in their lives. It is an autobiography that details out the great losses he has experienced in combination with the good things that have happened in his life. It was a good read.

Now I've started reading Herman Hesse's Siddhartha. Looks like a slower read but it's not very long. Hope to get that read by tomorrow.

I also found a cool website that I like this past week. It is www.wowOwow.com. Some really great topics for women with some really great comments. I'm enjoying reading through it.

No comments: