Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Just some random thoughts...

Random Thought 1:

I read an article that got me to thinking about the various ways in which love is demonstrated. Sometimes it's so obvious, a marriage, a commitment, the better and worse thing, spending time together, affectionate displays. This is the love that I'm fortunate to have with Bart.

But sometimes it's contradictory. It's a pulling back, it's staying out of the way, clearing the way for the other person to make choices free of the burden of your love. Still, it's love. There aren't a lot of feelings that can be demonstrated in diametrically opposed ways and yet be the same exact emotion. At least I can't think of many.

When I was at my Grandpa's funeral - the women of the family were talking about it too. We were also talking about what we would do if we lost our spouse - to death or otherwise, and what we would want them to do.

I told Bart - I would want him to remarry if he wanted that. I, however, don't think I would ever marry again. It almost falls into the category of been there, done that. I love Bart - we've been through it all. I hope we grow old together and are happy. If that can't happen then I just want to live life on my own terms. I know he'd understand that too.

I have so many things I want to do. Preferably, by the grace of God, with Bart. If not, then I'll do them alone.

Here is what is on the very top of my list of things I will have to get done before I die...

I won't dance - I'll slowly spin around with my arms extended - inhaling and exhaling - and smiling....

check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY


Random Thought 2:

When my youngest daughter starts Kindergarten, I will have a child at 3 different campuses. One in Elementary, one in middle, and one in high school - stellar planning on my part!

Random Thought 3:

My husband, Morgan, and I stayed up late last night watching 80's videos. It was awesome. I have never been one to have celebrity crushes... well, except for BILLY IDOL (ok, and Brendan Frasier but that's different). Oh man. Anyways, it was fun to sit up and watch all those videos and Morgan even said she understood my crush. Nice not to be weird for a moment in the eyes of your teenager.

No comments: