Sunday, January 04, 2009

Two thousand and nine

I have decided to emerge from the cave. If you know me, you know what "cave mode" is. Anyways, I'm alive and I'm ready to stretch my legs and walk around a bit.

I read a quote, a not-so-very-profound quote. It read, "we are but the sum of our choices". True.

Anyone that really knows me, in addition to knowing what "cave mode" is, knows a few things about me:

1. I have things I want to do
2. If I think I may not succeed it is likely that I haven't tried to do them yet

Well, that's what I'm hoping to change, at least in some respects, this year.

As a matter of fact...

I, gulp, sent off a few stories to some kids magazines. Actually mailed them.

I expect to hear nothing. When I go a couple of more weeks and still hear nothing, I will send off some more.

Once I finally get some things published in the magazine, I will think about an actual book.

Once upon a time, no one knew who Dr. Seuss was. Not that I am thinking that far ahead, it's just true.

Thanks for letting me hibernate for a while. But thanks for letting me know that you cared. I care back.

And hey, I am so proud of you. Really.

I'll keep you "posted".

No comments: