Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In the money...

Well, a little bit of it anyways. Today I went to the local resale store and saw a whole shelf full of brand new law and business text books. Some still shrinkwrapped and all 2006 or 2007 editions. So, I picked up 8 of them and thought, "I just paid out the wazoo for MY textbooks so maybe someone will buy these from me." I paid .25 each for them. I came home and listed them on half.com and within 45 minutes, I sold 4 of them for a total of $299. Yep... sweet. So, I went back and bought 8 more. Not a bad deal huh?

3 comments:

Stacia said...

That is too sweet!!! How come I never think of stuff like that?

Bart's Camille said...

You should do that kind of stuff if you have time. You get to shop and you make extra moolah.

I'm up to $429 for 6 of them now. If I sell them all it will be just under $1000 and I paid $4 for all of them. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Undercover Mother said...

I LOVE that stuff! I adore finding it too. I bought a vintage Barbie portable record player for a quarter and sold it for $12, but I can't touch you!

We sold an old satellite box, back in the day where pirates could program them to get all the codes free. We bought it for $99, used it for two years and sold it for $344.

Finally, I won a giant Sulley and Mike from Monsters Inc and Toys R Us. Sulley didn't hold up so well. He was 7 feet tall and counterbalanced by a tail nearly that long. His knees broke down and now his head is mounted on a friend's wall. But Mike was about 3 feet tall and I sold him for $437 and the guy paid an additional $250 for shipping and packing.